The Seven Last Words of Jesus Christ on the Cross
SEVEN LAST WORDS – Here is a list of the seven(7) last words of the Son of God, Jesus Christ, on the Cross.
Currently, the Holy Week is held in the different countries across the globe. One of the nations that deeply commemorate the passion, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ is the Philippines.
PH is a Christian country and a huge part of the populace observe the one-week event which, this year, has started yesterday, April 15, 2019 (Monday).
The Holy Week 2019 will end on April 21, 2019 (Easter Sunday). In between Monday and Sunday, there are a lot of activities done in churches and at homes.
In churches, processions would be held like the Stations of the Cross. Stage plays about the Seven Last Words of Jesus Christ are also done in some churches.
Television channels also air programs in line with the religious event. Some channels air the Passion of Christ while some air special episodes featuring real life stories.
Some channels also air the 7 Last Words of the Son of God. Here is a full list of the 7 Last Words based on a blog site.
Seven Last Words of Jesus Christ
- “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do.” – Luke 23:34
- “Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise.” – Luke 23:43
- “Woman, this is your son. This is your mother.” John 19:26-27
- “My God, my God, why have You foresaken me?” Matthew 27:46 and Mark 15:34
- “I thirst.” – John 19:28
- “It is finished.” – John 19:30
- “Father, into Your hands I commend my spirit.” – Luke 23:46
May you have a meaningful and peaceful Lenten season with your loved ones. It is the perfect time to contemplate on the love of God for humanity.