Vice presidential candidate and Senator Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. got the support of “One Cebu” party. This was revealed by Cebu Fourth District Rep. Benhur Salimbangon who said that the heads National Unity Party (NUP) in the same district expressed their support for the politician.
Bongbong Marcos was in Cebu for the second time for the campaign, following an invitation from Salimbangon. It was reported that an estimated 2,000 people gathered at the municipality of Bantayan to support the 58-year-old lawmaker.
Bantayan Mayor Ian Escario, who hosted the event said that his family is a loyal supporter of Marcoses, noting that his grandparents have been Marcos’ supporters since then.
“I am the third-generation of Escarios. My grandparents and my parents have been loyal Marcos supporters. I told our people that if they still trust me, we should all unite to support Sen. Bongbong Marcos for vice president,” he said.
Bongbong Marcos also thanked the people of Bantayan for backing his vice presidential bid. He added that the endorsement will help him a lot advance in the vice presidential race.
Last week, Marcos expressed his hopes to be endorsed by the Garcia clan, the influential family who leads the One Cebu party.
It was March 18 when Bongbong Marcos held his first campaign in vote-rich Cebu with 2.7 million registered voters. That time, he was also backed by Mayor Adelino Sitoy.
Bongbong Marcos’ running mate is Senator Miriam Defensor-Santiago who is running for the president. The presidential and vice presidential elections will be held on May 9, 2016.
Photo credit: inquirer.net