Here are the 5 DIY creative money gift ideas for all occasions
These 5 do-it-yourself (DIY) creative money gift ideas for all occasions will surely please the receiver.
To add twist to an ordinary money gift try these ideas from What Mommy Does.
Business card money gift
You need a business card case but instead of cards, put money in each slot. You can put any bill depending on the age of the receiver.
Emergency stash money gift
Give an emergency kit with a twist. The receiver will be surprised to open it with full of money.
Notepad money gift
Instead of plain papers, make a notepad using money. Here is the step by step instructions to make this gift idea.
Money chocolate gift
Buy a chocolate box at the grocery store or drug store.
Here are some ideas for different money shapes:
- Fold the bill in thirds lengthwise. Fold in half, then into thirds and tape into a triangle.
- Fold the bill in thirds lengthwise, Fold into fourths and tape into a square.
- Fold the bill in thirds lengthwise. Roll up and tape into a roll.
- Fold the bill in half or thirds lengthwise, then carefully fold up into a square, keeping the amount visible on the outside. Tape closed.
- Add some coins for weight and variety. Hide coins under folded bills for additional weight.
- If you have a box with more flexible shapes than I used, you could also tightly roll a bill without folding it, or even try some origami shapes.
Kleenex box money gift
This idea is from Redefined Mom and here are the things needed for this:
- Empty kleenex box
- Craft paper or card stock
- Double-sided tape or glue
- Quote stickers
- Painters tape
Just follow these simple instructions:
- Cut 4 pieces of craft paper or card stock to fit all 4 sides of your kleenex box. Using double-sided tape or glue, tape/glue sheets onto sides of box.
- Place quote bubble stickers on each side and write your own witty sayings or you can write what I did: “Don’t blow it all in one place!” on two sides and “Happy Birthday!” on the other two sides.
- To fill up the bottom of my box a bit, I added a paper towel.
- Using painters tape, begin taping your money bills together (on the back side of the bills). I also taped a gift card along with bills.
- With some of my leftover card stock I made a “Pull Here!” tab to tape to the first bill.
- Begin filling your kleenex box with your money train, leaving the “Pull Here!” last and sticking out of the top.
- Finally, I added some of my scrap card stock to the top of the box to make it look more finished and to help hold the “Pull Here!” tab in place.