Steps on How To Apply for Driver’s License to LTO
DRIVER’S LICENSE LTO – Here is a guide on how to apply for a professional or non-professional driver’s license to the Land Transportation Office.
In the Philippines, the government agency that is tasked to issue license and permits in driving is the Land Transportation Office or more commonly called LTO.
It offers both LTO Student Permit and Driver’s License – the latter have two(2) sub-types: the Professional and the Non-Professional. The Professional Driver’s License has no vehicle gross weight limit.
With regards to the Non-Professional Driver’s License, the holder is allowed to drive only vehicles that do not have more than 4500 kg. gross weight.
Are you planning to apply for a driver’s license to LTO soon? You might need a guide on how to keep the procedure smooth and organized.
Based on the official website of the Land Transportation Office, here are the procedures on how to apply for a professional and a non-professional LTO driver’s license:
PROFESSIONAL & NON-PROFESSIONAL DRIVER’S LICENSE APPLICATION
- Visit an LTO branch and submit the requirements to the receiving personnel. He or she will check and evaluate your qualification for a driver’s license. Visit – Driver’s License Requirements.
- For qualified applicants, undergo a photo and signature taking.
- Wait for your name to be called at the cashier area and pay for the necessary fees. Visit – Driver’s License Fees.
- Undergo the written examination (PDL Basic Driving Theory Test).
- Successful passers of the written examination will then proceed to the practical driving test.
- Receive your personal driver’s license card and sign on the Release Form.
Thank you for visiting our website. We hope we have helped you with regards to your application for a driver’s license to the Land Transportation Office. You may keep coming back for more informative guides.