These are some of the simple egg recipes
Here are some of the simple egg recipes to break free from the usual sunny-side up and scramble eggs for your breakfast.
Try these simple egg recipes for you and for your loved ones.
Pimiento, Cheese, and Ham Scramble
INGREDIENTS: 8 large eggs, 1 tsp. hot sauce, kosher salt, Pepper, 1 tbsp. olive oil or unsalted butter, 3 oz. thinly sliced deli ham, 1 medium roasted red pepper, 2 scallions, 2 oz. extra-sharp Cheddar, 2 tbsp. cream cheese
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, hot sauce, 1 tablespoon water, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the ham and cook, tossing occasionally, until beginning to brown around the edges, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the roasted red pepper and cook, tossing, for 1 minute; transfer to a plate.
- Add the eggs mixture to the skillet and cook, stirring every few seconds with a rubber spatula, to desired doneness, 2 to 3 minutes for medium-soft eggs.
- Fold in the ham and peppers along with the scallions, Cheddar, and cream cheese.
Stewed Peppers and Tomatoes with Eggs
INGREDIENTS: 2 tbsp. olive oil, 1 medium onion, chopped, 1 red bell pepper, quartered lengthwise, then sliced crosswise, 1 orange bell pepper, quartered lengthwise, then sliced crosswise, salt, black pepper, 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped, 1 (28-oz.) can whole tomatoes, 8 large eggs, Chopped cilantro, for serving, 4 slices toasted bread
- Heat the oil in a large skillet, add the onion and cook, covered, for 4 minutes. Add the peppers, season with 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Crush the tomatoes with your hands and add to the skillet along with their juices. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until the mixture has slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Make 8 small wells in the sauce and carefully crack an egg into each one. Cover and gently simmer for 6 minutes. Uncover and cook until the whites are set and the yolks are cooked to desired doneness, 6 to 7 minutes for slightly runny yolks. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro, if desired, and serve with toast.
Smoky Red Pepper Crispy Egg Toast
INGREDIENTS: 5 tbsp. olive oil, 2 large eggs, 2 slices toast, 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika, Roasted red pepper hummus
- Crack 1 egg into each of 2 small cups. In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil on medium-high until very hot. Carefully add eggs; stand back, as oil will sputter. Cook until whites are golden brown and crisp around edges and set around yolks, 2 minutes. If edges are dark but whites are not set, remove skillet from heat; cover 10 seconds or until whites are cooked. Season with pinch salt and pepper.
- In small dry skillet on medium, toast smoked paprika until fragrant, 1 minute. Stir into 2 tablespoons olive oil and set aside. Toast 2 slices of bread. Top each with roasted red pepper hummus and 1crispy egg. Drizzle with smoked paprika oil.
Mexican Scrambled Eggs
INGREDIENTS: 3 large tomatoes, cut into 1/2-in. pieces, 1/2 avocado, cut into 1/2-in. pieces, 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped, 1 small jalapeno (seeded for less heat, if desired), thinly sliced, 1/2 c. cilantro, roughly chopped, 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice, salt, black pepper, 8 large egg whites, plus 4 yolks, 1 oz. low-salt tortilla chips (about 12), broken into small pieces, 1 tbsp. olive oil, 1/2 small head romaine lettuce, leaves torn
- In a medium bowl, toss together the tomatoes, avocado, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg white and yolks with 2 tablespoons water, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; mix in the chips.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the eggs and cook, stirring with a rubber spatula every few seconds, to desired doneness, 2 to 3 minutes for medium soft eggs. Serve with the greens and top with the salsa.
Low-Carb Breakfast Enchiladas
INGREDIENTS: Cooking spray, for pan, 8 large eggs, 1/4 c. milk, salt, Freshly ground black pepper, 4 tbsp. butter, divided, 6 slices bacon, chopped, 2 c. baby spinach, 1 1/2 c. black beans, 1 c. quartered cherry tomatoes, 1/2 c. enchilada sauce, 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese, 1/2 c. shredded Monterey Jack Cilantro, for serving, Chopped avocado, for serving, Pico de gallo, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a square baking pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk until very frothy. Season mixture with salt and pepper.
- Make “tortillas”: In a small nonstick pan over medium heat, melt about a 1/2 tablespoon of butter. Add about 1/4 cup of egg mixture and swirl pan. Cover with a lid and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until the middle of the eggs are set. Remove from heat and repeat, adding more butter as necessary.
- Make filling: In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook bacon. Remove bacon pieces from skillet and drain most of fat, leaving about 2 tablespoons of bacon fat. Add spinach, black beans, and cherry tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally until the spinach has wilted, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- On a cutting board, lay out one egg tortilla. Top center with spinach filling and bacon, then roll up tightly. Repeat with other tortillas and filling.
- Spread a thin layer of enchilada sauce in baking pan. Add enchiladas in a single layer. Drizzle more sauce on top, then top with cheddar and Monterey Jack. Bake until cheese has melted, about 15 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro, chopped avocado, and pico de gallo. Serve warm.
Low-Carb Breakfast Burritos
INGREDIENTS: 2 large eggs, 1 tbsp. skim milk, 1 tbsp. freshly chopped chives, salt, Freshly ground black pepper, 1 tbsp. butter, 4 slices cooked bacon, 1/2 c. black beans, 1 avocado, thinly sliced, 1/2 c. shredded Cheddar, Salsa, for serving
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and chives, and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter. Once pan is completely coated, add the egg mixture. Tilt pan back and forth to make sure it’s completely coated, then let cook, 2 minutes. Once you can move egg back and forth, carefully flip and cook 2 minutes more.
- Transfer to a plate and top with bacon, black beans, avocado, cheddar, and salsa. Roll up into a burrito and serve.
Clean Green Veggie Egg Muffins
INGREDIENTS: 6 whole eggs, 6 egg whites, 2 cups baby spinach, 1 cup zucchini, diced (about 2 small), 1 bell pepper, diced, ¼ cup green onions, sliced, ¼ cup parsley, chopped, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, ½ cup shredded Monterey jack cheese (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a skillet, sauté zucchini and bell pepper for about 5 minutes. Add the spinach and sauté until the spinach is wilted. Add the green onions and parsley and stir to combine. Remove from the heat.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs with the salt and pepper.
- Spray a muffin tin pan with cooking spray. Evenly divide the veggie mixture among 10 muffin cups. Fill with the eggs until about ¾ full. Top with shredded cheese (optional).
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked through. Remove from the oven and let cool. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or in the freezer (individually wrapped in Saran wrap) for up to a month.
Enjoy these simple egg recipes.