Cesar Montano allegedly left tourism event in New York just to watch the musical play ‘Hamilton’.
Actor turned government official Cesar Montano allegedly left a tourism event just to watch a musical play.
There have been rumors on the internet that the Chief Operating Officer of Tourism Promotions Board abruptly left the said event in New York to watch ‘Hamilton’.
It was said in the article published in Bandera that Cesar delivered his speech for the span of 2 minutes then went on his way to the play.
The event was the Philippine Tourism Presentation and Dinner Reception which was held last May 9 at the Grand Ballroom of Roosevelt Hotel, NY.
New Department of Tourism (DOT) Secretary Bernadette Romulo-Puyat, after former Secretary Wanda Teo resigned, was asked regarding this issue.
According to Puyat, she will ask Cesar personally if the allegations against him is true.
“I have to ask Cesar Montano himself if it’s true that he spoke only for two minutes at an event where he was the keynote speaker because he had to rush to watch ‘Hamilton’,” the DOT chief said during a TV interview.
“Cesar Montano is in holdover capacity already, I just want to uphold the law,” she added.
The actor turned government official has not released any official statement yet about this matter, as of the writing.
Meanwhile, Cesar Montano had been conducting tourism promotions for the country through local movies. With this, he gives recognition to chosen local films.
During the launch of the said project, the Tourism Promotions Board head showed a teaser of the movie ‘Sultan Kudarat’ which was produced by the DOT.
It is still a question if this project of Cesar will continue now that Puyat is the DOT chief, based on the source.