Here are five beverages that can be your coffee substitutes
COFFEE SUBSTITUTES – There are five beverages which you can drink instead of coffee but you will still get the energy-boosting element that you want.
Coffee is one of the most popular beverages all over the world. This modern era, this drink has also evolved. Now it has more types, flavors, and ways of preparation that will suit the preference of the drinker.
However, if you want to try something new every morning instead of taking caffeine, here are some coffee substitutes, according to Healthline.
Technically speaking, this is not a coffee because it is made from roasted chicory root and not from coffee beans. It contains health benefits such as prebiotic fiber, vitamin B-6, and anti-inflammatory properties. Furthermore, it also helps in bowel function, reduces constipation, and helps maintain a balance of healthy gut bacteria. Just mix 2 tablespoons of the ground and roasted chicory root into 1 cup of hot water and wait 10 minutes before drinking.
Here is the direction in making the golden milk:
- combine ½ teaspoon of ground turmeric with 1 cup milk of choice
- add 1 teaspoon of freshly grated ginger, honey to taste (optional), and a pinch of both cinnamon and black pepper
- Heat in the microwave or on the stovetop until frothy and serve.
This is known to have anti-inflammatory properties and can ease pain and can reduce symptoms of depression. The effectiveness of turmeric is being boosted by pepper even in small amounts.
It is a tea-like concoction made from the Ilex paraguariensis tree. For centuries, this has been used for social and medical functions. Based on the article, Yerba mate contains more anti-oxidant compared to other teas. The plant is abundant in vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and antioxidants. Aside from these, it also contains caffeine.
Follow these instructions in making Yerba mate:
- steep the leaves in hot water like other tea
- strain it or use a traditional mate straw (bombilla) and cup
Ready to drink mushroom elixir can be bought online but if you want to have your own, just from these directions:
- mix 1 teaspoon of mushroom powder with 1 cup of hot water
- sweeten to taste or add your choice of milk, if desired.
This beverage is loaded with antioxidants that can fight oxidative stress. In addition, its powerful prebiotics helps your digestive health. Mushroom is also known for its antiviral, anti-inflammatory, and immune-boosting properties.
Chia seed drink
This seed contains a powerful punch of fiber, antioxidants, protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and nutrients. Though chia seeds are so tiny, they are proven to be effecting in reducing both inflammation and blood pressure and stabilize blood sugar levels. Athletes can also depend on chia seed as a source of sustained energy and increased endurance, according to the article.
Just follow these steps to make your own chia seed drink:
- mix 1 tablespoon of chia seeds for every 1 cup of water
- let it sit in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes
- you can add a touch of honey or agave, a squeeze of lemon, or some fruit juice