Guide Whether Eating Raw Egg Is Beneficial for the Body or Not
EATING RAW EGG – Here is a guide on whether eating eggs without cooking it is safe for the body or not.
Undeniably, one of the debate topics that have never died through the years is the beneficiality of eating raw eggs. A lot of people are wondering whether it is safe to eat it raw or not. There are individuals who are really fond of it eating it without cooking it first.
Are you also one of those who love to eat raw eggs?
Based on an article on HealthLine, the nutrients and minerals that you can get from eating a raw egg is the same from what you can get from a cooked egg. You can get the following from a 50-milligram egg:
- Folate – 6% of the Required Daily Intake (RDI)
- Calories – 72
- Phosphorus – 10% of the RDI
- Protein – 6 grams
- Selenium – 22% of the RDI
- Fat – 5 grams
- Vitamin A – 9% of the RDI
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) – 13% of the RDI
- Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid) – 8% of the RDI
- Vitamin B12 (Cobalamin) – 7% of the RDI
However, although the same amount of vitamins, minerals, and nutrients can be taken from eating a raw egg, there may be some health concerns in partaking the food without cooking it. Here is a list of the risks in taking it raw:
- Salmonella infection
- Decreased absorption of quality proteins
- Blocking of biotin absorption
- Bacterial infection
Based on the article, to reduce the risk of bacterial infection, you may apply the following tips:
- Don’t buy or eat eggs that are past their expiry date
- Do not take cracked eggs
- Only take refrigerated eggs
Thank you for visiting our website. We hope we have helped you with regards to this matter. You may keep coming back for more informative guides.