Here is the easy and quick Pancit Molo recipe
Pancit Molo is also called Filipino wonton soup dish and here is the quick and easy recipe you can follow.
This soup is really fit to give warmth to your tummy this rainy season. Aside from its delicious and rich taste, it also reflects the culture of Pinoys when it comes to food.
In cooking this recipe, you should prepare the wanton and soup.
For the wanton, here are the ingredients:
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground pork
- 15 pieces medium shrimp shell removed and deveined
- 30 to 35 pieces wrapper wonton
- 1 medium yellow onion minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Meanwhile, here are the ingredients for the soup:
- 1/2 rotisserie chicken
- 48 oz. chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup toasted garlic
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fish sauce
First, do the preparations for the wanton and next is the soup. Just follow these instructions:
- Start to prepare the wonton by chopping the shrimp into small pieces and put it in a mixing bowl.
- Add ground pork, onion, sesame oil, egg, salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Mix well.
- Lay a piece of wonton wrapper flat on a plate. Scoop 1 1/2 teaspoon of the mixture and place on the middle of the wrapper. Fold the wonton wrapper to form a triangle. Press the sides to keep the meat mixture intact. Gold both sides of the triangle wrapper inward. Set aside. Do this step until the pork mixture is completely consumed.
- Make the soup by combining water and chicken broth in a soup pot. Let boil.
- Add the rotisserie chicken (with bones). Cover and boil in low heat for 20 minutes. Turn the heat off temporarily.
- Remove the chicken and let it cool down. Separate the meat from the bones. Shred the meat.
- Turn the heat back on and wait until the liquid reboils. Add the shredded chicken meat.
- Put the wontons in the soup pot. Cover and cook for 5 to 10 minutes in low to medium heat.
- Add the fish sauce and half of the chopped scallions. Stir.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Top with toasted garlic and additional scallions.
After this, you can serve the Pancit Molo while its hot. Enjoy it with friends and family.
According to Panlasang Pinoy, in a 6g serving, here are the nutritional facts: Calories: 533kcal | Protein: 6g
Try these recipes also:
- LECHE FLAN – Recipe On How To Cook / Prepare Delicious Leche Flan
- Pinoy Merienda: Quick & Easy Filipino Snacks Recipes
- Easy Recipes: After-School Snacks For Your Active Kids